Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Trying Week

A trying week. And all the while I was trying to keep my head above water. Work has been very stressful with my work load.

I had my 2 MRIs and MRA on Tuesday morning. It took 3 hours and I had many thoughts during this time. It's very hard to sit absolutely still for 3 hours straight. They are looking at my soft tissue, bones, blood vessels and nerves. The results came back today and I have to see my neurosurgeon on Monday at 9am to go over everything and what is going on with me. Hopefully he'll have an answer for me.

I had a great week foodwise. We ate healthy and felt better for it. Lots of salad, chicken, Mediterranean food, fish and veggies. I do feel good eating this way.

The kitchen remodeling project is coming along beautifully. Ray is putting up the brick along the wall by the bar area. Our new viking microwave with convection arrived today and it's gorgeous. My cook book stand arrived and Aaron bought me a torch to make creme brulee with. He's such a great support to me.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

I wanted to say a little something about poetry. We recently watched a great movie called Blue Car. It is a new movie that went straight to DVD. It's about poetry, coming of age, writing what you truly feel inside and it's also about divorce and the pain it causes the children involved. It inspired these thoughts...

"One night recently, Aaron, me and my Mom sat down with Wallace Stevens's poem: "The Emperor of Ice Cream" and we looked at that poem for about 2 hours and it looked so much different than it did when we first glanced at it. It's a great poem, a sarcastic twist underneath the surface of his words. Some poems are not good, meaning they don't have a root or a nucleous, they are just fluff and gush and I hate this kind of poetry, it makes me want to throw up. However, when you experience a great poem, (Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night by Dylan Thomas) it will change you and you will remember it forever. One of my favorite poems is "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Proofrock" by T. S. Eliot. Have you ever read it? It took him 8 years to write it. It will probably take 8 years to analyze it, but once I got the meaning of the root of the poem, I never forgot it. The sound of a good poem is musical and it will touch a nerve that you didn't even know was sensitive until it's too late and you feel sucker-punched. Your guts will be twisted and you'll react emotionally and may not even understand it. That's why analyzing a poem is so important. You may end up loving a poem that you first hated. You may hate it because it touches you and you don't want to be vulnerable but you can't help it. It's telling the truth and you know that truth..."

No comments:

Post a Comment